If you are a regular newsletter and blog reader you’ve seen a version of this before but my change playlist and mailing list are always evolving so I share it every year.
I am so looking forward to the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival this weekend and next because it is a time of inspiration and renewal. For the jazzfest faithful, the fest is a spiritual cleansing and creative catalyst.
Are you re-inventing? Or, I guess the better question would be Who’s NOT re-inventing right now? That’s life in a world of rapid change.
You can harness the inspirational power of music to support and fuel transition. How so? Stop listening to anything that reminds you of the situation you are leaving – whatever you’re done with – and listen to something different. Does not have to be new music, just new to you. Don’t forget about Pandora and Spotify as low cost, no cost sources for new and different music.
NPR featured songs about change in a story last week.
Below is my always growing list of songs about change. Make yourself a change playlist and then listen to it a lot.
And, don’t stop thinking about tomorrow…
- A Change Would Do You Good – Sheryl Crow
- Roll the Bones – RUSH
- Don’t Stop – Fleetwood Mac (especially the version on The Dance featuring the USC marching band)
- I Won’t Back Down – Tom Petty
- The Power of Goodbye – Madonna
- Owner of a Lonely Heart – Yes
- Uprising – Muse
- Sing the Changes – The Fireman
- Roll with the Changes – REO Speedwagon
- I Will Not Be Broken – Bonnie Raitt
- Fly One Time – Ben Harper and Relentless7
- Above the Bones – Mishka
- Brand New Day – Sting
- Cool Change – Little River Band
- Give Me Love (Give Me Peace on Earth) – George Harrison
- Dog Days are Over – Florence + Machine
- Changes – David Bowie
- Hold On – Wilson Phillips
- Big Girls Don’t Cry – Fergie
- Burning Down the House – Talking Heads
- Already Gone – Sugarland
- You Get Knocked Down – Chumbawumba
- Should I Stay or Should I Go? – The Clash
- You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet – Lisa Marie Presley
- Changes IV – Cat Stevens
- Everybody’s Changing – Keane
- Girl on Fire – Alicia Keys
- Head Full of Doubt, Road Full of Promise – Avett Brothers
- A Change is Gonna Come - Sam Cooke
- What Doesn’t Kill You – Kelly Clarkson
- Not Ready to Make Nice – Dixie Chicks
- Move From the Hood – Luther Allison
- The Climb – Miley Cyrus
- Fly Away – Lenny Kravitz
Would love to know your favorite songs of change.