Workshop: Becoming a Better Performance Manager – the Basics
Your workforce has a lot of talent. Get the most out of it.
Do your managers dread the thought of performance appraisal (PA) meetings? Is PA a purely administrative task; just something else to scratch off the to-do list? What if your managers embraced PA because they realized that the better they managed performance, the greater their success and the success of the company!?
Becoming a Better Performance Manager – the Basics is designed to start changing the mindset. This workshop covers the basic knowledge and skills needed to improve performance management ability and includes an opportunity for participants to practice and get constructive feedback. The outcome will be better and more confident performance managers and ultimately a better performing workforce. Gotta like that!
Note: Workshop will be tailored to your company’s PA instruments and guidelines
This workshop is for:
- companies that have limited HR capacity
- companies that have a performance system in place
- companies on a calendar year review schedule planning now for reviews in late 2012/early 2013
- any manager or supervisor who is a little uncertain about managing employee performance
- any manager or supervisor with a continuous improvement mindset who is always looking for tips and ideas to improve their own and their employees’ performance
At the end of this workshop, participants will:
- know how to manage the logistics of a performance meeting incorporating good manners
- understand the performance instrument (tailored to the company’s PA form)
- be aware of the potential for rating errors and how to minimize
- know feedback basics and some best practices for giving feedback
- be able to give negative feedback comfortably and constructively
- feel confident about conducting the PA meeting
Laura Wolfe is the founder of Cultivate Coaching and Consulting, LLC in Baton Rouge, LA. The mission of Cultivate is to provide individuals and organizations with tools and knowledge to diagnose, analyze, and deal with change through growth in the world of work. As a management coach and consultant she works with companies to cultivate leadership and employee performance.
max 20 pp/workshop
The Basics is the first in a series of workshops on Becoming a Better Performance Manager. Follow this one with Becoming a Better Performance Manager – Employee Development.
Becoming a Better Performance Manager Series:
- The Basics
- Employee Development for Everyone: It is Possible in Any Organization.
- Using Job Descriptions for Great Performance
- Manager as Mentor/Coach
- Emotional Intelligence
- 411 on 360s
- Latest Research/Newest Thinking
Copyright © 2012 Cultivate Coaching & Consulting